Uwharrie Community Service Development Network (UCSDN) was organized and established in October 2005, to operate in collaboration with other Faith-Based and Community Based Organizations to promote and enhance charitable, socio-economic, health, employment and educational opportunities to targeted disadvantaged/disenfranchised groups and individuals, through the provision of housing projects, economic & commercial development activities, training & support service programs which will improve their quality of life and self sufficiency.
(UCSDN) is undertaking positive steps to provide direct and indirect representations, information, technical assistance and support services to targeted groups and individuals who have heretofore been precluded and/or excluded from processes designed to provide economic & social enhancements deemed beneficial in improving quality of life issues.
The Organization will establish collaborative alliances and partnerships with other Community Based organizations, local and Municipal Governments. National and International Business Communities, whenever such collaboration benefits the broader economic interest of the organization, targeted groups/individuals and the community at large to include:
1) (UCSDN) will promote collaboration and self-sufficiency among and between targeted groups and individuals through job creation, pre/post employment training, job readiness skills enhancements, entrepreneurship, affordable, clean and decent home ownership and management resources through the provisions of planned residential development and related goods and services that will enhance quality of life issues & services designed to reduce, eliminate and eradicate poverty, hunger, health related disparities, illiteracy and homelessness.
2) (UCSDN) will develop and promote activities and projects that will further enhance financial literacy self-esteem, ethnic pride, quality of life issues and cross cultural connectivity, domestically and abroad, especially in concentrated ethnically diverse communities.
3) (UCSDN) will create and establish mechanisms and processes for the collection, compilation, review, analysis and dissemination of information pertinent to the targeted communities to further enable the organization to identif eradicate and reduce the effects of poverty and disenfranchisement.
4) (UCSDN) will raise the educational, economic and vocational levels of historically disadvantaged individuals in targeted communities throughout the Greater iwharrie Region and elsewhere in the nation as may be deem necessary by assisting in the development of academic, educational and vocational opportunities which may lead to self-determination and self-sufficiency.
5) (UCSDN) will develop, implement, administer and promote humanitarian and social projects of an education and charitable
nature to advance the quality of life of historically disadvantaged and disenfranchised individuals.